But noooooooooooooooooooo. The NRA and a bevy of down-staters seem to think that IL is a whole lot safer with -- get this -- MORE GUNS. I snort in disgust in the general direction of this line of thinking.
However, the one blessing in all of this is that the restrictions where you are unable to carry a gun are still pretty substantial. I've got today's Chicago Tribune with the lead article about how it'll all work, and I'm setting it aside to read when it won't discombobulate my blood pressure.
2. Had lunch today with friends. That. Never. Happens. See my prior post; however Alice and Debbie decided we needed to celebrate, so we had lunch. I'm hoping we can do this every couple of months or so. It's not that I'm cheap. It's just that Truth has such delicious food that I can't help myself!! Click on the name; if you're in the area, come out to support a locally-owned (woman-owned) business that happens to have phenomenal food. It's a restaurant that Alice likes to say, is "busy enough to make you feel comfortable, but you can also talk to the person you're eating with because the atmosphere is so cozy."
I had the seafood risotto. And I sinned. Verily, unto you I confess my transgression. A red velvet cupcake for dessert. Yummmmmmmmmmmmmm.
I'd do it again, just not right now.
3. The Trekking yarn is working up nicely, though 1x1 ribbing is a major pain in the patootie. Also, I can't take socks with me on an upcoming trip. You can take a butane lighter, but you can't take anything other than plastic knitting needles. Plastic. Gotta see if I even have plastic needles so that at least I can work on my long scarf project. That's my "travel" knitting. The socks? Well, if I get them done, I can wear them, but otherwise, they'll have to wait till I get home to be finished.
4. Re-reading the Yarn Harlot books. I have to get the first one; somehow, I thought I had it, but I can't find it. I was contemplating downloading it onto the Kindle, but I like the size of her books and she often includes patterns. I can't knit off a Kindle!
5. My major funk has eased somewhat, though I still do strongly consider that it's truly depression. Having been diagnosed with cardiac arrythmia, I'm told that depression often comes up. And it did. Of course, I wasn't told that till after I had had 2 panic attacks. Not being a total idiot, I figured out that after Panic Attack #1, Panic Attack #2 was likely that: a panic attack. I wasn't sure what it was the first time. Will talk to the doc about it. Physical will be coming up.
6. Tried the vinegar-as-weed-killer thing. I should've started earlier, because I'm not sure how long it'll take. Just couldn't see squirting the toxins if I could use vinegar. Will report back and let you know...
7. The tomatoes have started to produce. We have a bazillion small cucumbers coming along. I believe they're the pickling ones, so there'll be lots of relish in my life. We re-did the lettuce, since it went to seed when Hubby was in MT with his mom. I can only eat so much lettuce on my own...And my neighbors were starting to look at me funny because I was shoving lettuce at them every day. Sorry, neighbors!!! At least it wasn't eggplant or zucchini.
8. Four more months of training for my yoga certification. I think we're cancelling the Tuesday a.m. class till September, which is fine. I mean, I love the students I have, but I have to have more than 2 of them. It's just economics.
9. Just got off the phone with Mardi to plan our trip to The Knitting Guild. It's a 3-day jaunt to Indianapolis. She's taking 1 all-day class, and I have 2 half-day classes. The one class I wanted was already filled when I tried to register. We'll leave on a Wednesday and return sometime Friday. Yay - yarn + road trip. What else could you want?
10. Low-key birthday bash for my mom; just dinner at the local
Well, I'd better get back to work. Such as it is.