Saturday, January 22, 2022

Six Weeks...

My sister, Liz, is dead. She died on Friday at 2 a.m. 

I bought a birthday card today and thought, "I can send this to her..." but I can't. Because her birthday will be Monday; she'd have been 63.

She died of a rare and aggressive cancer. 

We're heartbroken. She didn't have time to say goodbye to anyone. We didn't have time to have one more visit. I feel like I didn't have to tell her what she meant to me - first off, we're not that kind of family. Second, she knew. And I knew. And that's all that matters. 

It was 6 weeks from diagnosis. She had several rounds of chemo and radiation and then, apparently, all heck broke loose, and what was at first deemed "rare but treatable," turned to "rare, and aggressive."

There's not much more to say right now. 


No comments: