Tuesday, September 26, 2017

A Minute and a Half...

...till the brown rice is done. Lest you think I'm eating dinner at nearly 10 p.m. CST, ha -- I'm actually (dare I say it) GETTING AHEAD and making some brown rice for tomorrow's lunch. 

I've tried these bag thingies, and so far, everything has been ok. I mean, I can pronounce all the stuff in the bag and on the ingredient list, so there's that. And they take pretty much a minute. And I can fit them in my little dark blue Thermos for lunch. I usually try to follow the package directions to serve them with a starch, like a pasta, rice or quinoa. 

I'm not a huge fan of white rice. For one, arsenic -- and yeah, I do eat a LOT of rice. For another, I just prefer the "fullness" of the brown rice, and I do buy organic as much as I can. 

This packet is different from what I usually get. I really like the spinach dal, but I thought I'd try this. I've been trying to get more organized and get things prepared in the p.m. the night before. 

Since I'm part of the "part-time brigade" lately, I'm keeping lots of balls in the air. Which is cool. In a strange way, this has brought me more balance. I know I have to be somewhere at a certain time, and I can walk away. 

Anyway, I've got my bag ready, and will have my lunch mostly ready. All I have to do is heat the pouch up in the morning and put it on top of the microwaved rice and there you have it. 

Lunch.

Breakfast is a yogurt smoothie, or a protein shake. Meds and supplements are already in my purse. Newest copy of "The Sun" magazine is in the bag, knitting is next to my purse. Ahhhhhhhhhhhh. 

Knitting...

Speaking of which... Not much to show you. One more point on the shawl, but nothing else happening. I'm still drooling over the various lace shawls, and still working on the Sole-to-Sole and the blue self-patterning one. I'm bringing the Sole-to-Sole to work, and trying to get a few rows on it here and there. I do have to buckle down and get that self-patterning one done. I mean, really - I'm close to finishing the gusset decrease - two rows or so. And then I can start on the foot. 

And I want to start some Christmas knitting. I know - not sure how all that's going to shake out, but I'm going to try for a couple of hats and perhaps another Close to You shawl, if I can move along on this one. I was buzzing like crazy, but then other stuff came up. 

I really should have been practicing tonight - I have O Sanctissima to learn to finger-pick, but again - tonight. Things took over. 

Anyway, I'm going to get back to the shawl in a few moments - at least to get half way through to the next point. 

I got the latest issue of Creative Knitting, and I'm intrigued by two pullovers and a pair of wristlets. But the remainder of the issue is consumed with "Cables on the Catwalk" and I've decided that you have to be the size of a toothpick to wear cables the size they've created in a few of those sweaters. 

Someone my size (and I'm not huge, but I'm not tiny)? I'd look like a lumpy package in a sweater that's entirely cabled. 

So. Will look again at one of the pullovers and see if I'm brave enough to do the asymmetrical front. It's a little scoop up at the front hem, and I'm not sure about it. I kind of like straight lines. Especially since I don't want to emphasize my stomach in the first place... 

Coloring...

I had to grab a couple of jump drives for some files I'm toting around. The one jump drive I was given was starting to read "corrupted" or "files need to be fixed" --both of which are a sure sign that the drive is about ready to crap out. So I transferred the files to my laptop (note to self: have Hubby back this thing up tomorrow!!), and got these cute little jump drives. 

Yes, they're meant to be colored on. So I did! One of them holds files related to some work I'm doing for my church, and the other holds stuff regarding my Young Living business. I thought they were cute. 

And I can certainly find them in the bottom of my bag! Speaking of which, I also bought two new backpacks. 

I got a bright pink one for Tippi's therapy stuff. I had a "diaper bag" kind of bag, but since she's rather taken with the idea that I should actually lift her robust self into my truck, the "diaper bag" slung over my shoulder is a bit awkward. Her color is pink, so this works. 

The other one replaces a large open tote I use for my music; and it's a dark periwinkle. Both are Jansport bags, both at 50% off (yes!!) and both should last for a good long while. 

Random Picture...

Well, thought a throw-back would be good. I've been too busy to get many pics taken lately, and it's been beastly hot. Fall has taken its time, and summer has decided on a last gasp. 

This is from Florida a few years ago, when my friend Alice and I attended a conference. I loved the bright pink and I couldn't resist. we see hibiscus here, but unless you've got a 3-season room or a closed-in porch, they don't last. 

I wonder how the resort is doing. Florida is struggling. 

But nothing like Puerto Rico. Hopefully the Dotard will get his act together, realize that PR is NOT in the ocean (Caribbean Sea, actually) and our government will stop trying to kill us all off or start World War 3 - and get those folks, you know - the American territory we have - some help. The help they desperately need. 

Stop tweeting and start presidenting.



No comments: