Thursday, September 19, 2013

Random Musings on a Thursday...

Just because I'm kind of chasing my tail...

1.  Finished J.K. Rowling's "Casual Vacancy." Don't bother. I mean, I got it as a gift, and I'm happy I got it as a gift, because if I had purchased it myself, I'd have been sorely disappointed. 

2.  No, not because it's not "Harry Potter." I just didn't like it. Too much f-bomb, not enough story. Let's hope "The Cuckoo's Calling" is better. That's on my Kindle and in the loop to be read shortly.

3.  Knitting: The Nephew Wedding Afghan is underway. A variation on the Encore 8-Hour afghan. Not stellar, but nice colors (taupe + navy) and it's working up quickly. Honestly? Love the nephew. Not a fan of fiance, but that has nothing to do with wanting to do a quickie afghan. What it has to do with is that I'm just overwhelmed and "simple" is just about all my brain and knitting can handle right now.

4.  Taught yoga 3x this week, and almost had a 4th class, except I can't be in 2 places at once. Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday... It was a lot of yoga, especially on top of a regular full-time job, plus my "new job" of Estate Stuff... Next week, it's another 3-class week, but that's because I'm subbing for the Tuesday night instructor.

5.  Estate Stuff: I thought I was going to work on that a little bit today, but I left the folder at home. Brought the tote.... I did get the home insurance stuff e-mailed though, and the first installment of that bill in the mail. 

6.  ANGRY. Just. Plain. Angry. How can a grown human be so irresponsible??? If the house doesn't sell in 1 year, I'm out $2,300+ -- because I have to have the property insured according to probate laws, and he didn't bother to insure it after he bought it. I'm just mad. I'm tired of excuses; I'm tired of "he didn't get a lot of breaks." Frankly, he DID get a lot of breaks; and he got more chances than most of us in the family got. And I'm paying for his lack of sense. A vacant home insurance policy costs a lot more than a policy for a home that's occupied, but there's no way we're renting it. I need to sell it, and that's that. I won't get repaid for that. I just have to suck it up. But how much more do I have to suck up?

7.  I have to re-do my sugar detox. All of this has made me jump headlong into the Edy's Slow-Churned. My own fault. I should be turning to yoga, not the ice cream...

8.  Speaking of yoga, our training is done in October!!!! I have one seminar to pick up in April, and I'm seriously considering one in November, but I have to see (a) the cost and (b) the particulars. I also have a Sanskrit workshop for November. 

9.  My final project will be a video on "Yoga for Hands." Since Kid #1 has complained that his hands are bothering him and he's in a profession (welding) where you usually have repetitive-use injuries along with the usual banging up of the hands when working with hot torches and metal... I thought that might be a good idea. Hubby can help me with the video part; all I have to do is come up with a sequence and a 20-minute script. That should be simple. 

10.  Both dogs are entered in the John Nelsen Moosedog Rescue Fund Howl-O-Ween contest. Voting starts October 1. It's a slow year this time around: we only have 4 entries, and it's really close to "start to vote" time. This is their biggest fundraiser, so I'm hoping we can get some interest - in dogs entered (we'll take cats, too) and in votes gathered. For a buck a vote? Who could resist??

11.  Just when I thought it was over, Hubby says, "Oh look...more cucumbers."  There are at least 8 more cucumbers on our vines. So - have to think up one more pickling recipe. We have a bunch of dill spears left, and bread/butter. And enough relish for Wrigley Field for when the Cubs get to the World Series. (Yes, it COULD happen...) They're too big for gherkins, but maybe sweet pickle chips?? We'll have to see. There's at least one more canning in there before the vines fade. 

12.  Where I'd rather be right now....  
Exit to Cote d'Azur

No comments: