Saturday, May 15, 2021

Progress and Not Progress

 Where to begin? So much has been happening, but I haven't had the urge to write about it. 

Let's start with the continuing Christmas knitting. I'm moving along on that long cowl. But I think I should have changed the pattern up and had a continuous K3 border. The stockinette is curling like crazy, as it is wont to do. 

This may work out well with the finished project, because if it curls up into an erzatz tube, and you "cowl" it by wrapping a couple times, it might make it even warmer. Who knows? It might work out. I'm getting to the darker grey now. It's miles and miles and miles of stockinette and so far, it feels nice and squishy. And it doesn't look too "dull." I was worried, from the picture, that it would be too neutral and too boring. But the colors "tweed" in areas and they're soft and pretty. 

I'm trying not to get a bad case of "start-itis" because I have a bunch of things to get accomplished and I don't want to get distracted. 

I still haven't gotten a clue about what to do with the other gradient cake. I have a few months, I think. 

Unless someone announces a baby. Then I'm screwed...

AOC & MTG...

I can't believe we have to say this, but one congress-critter shouldn't stalk and scream at another one... But here we are. #TheFormerGuy removed all semblence of courtesy and manners. MTG is a ginormous maskhole and a Q-conspiracy creep. She verbally harassed AOC in the halls of congress. Read the story here, if you haven't heard about this... 

I mean, I'm almost out of words. This blonde bimbo has been stripped of all her committees. Why is she still in congress? Who's pulling strings? 

With the ouster of Liz Cheney, the party is in deep water. What will they become? And why did they let loose the mastiff? I don't mean to be pejorative toward mastiffs. They're an ancient breed, and used to be ferocious dogs of war. 

Now that Liz is out, she doesn't give two farts about what the Q-conspiracy creeps want to say about her, and three farts less about what #TheFormerGuy has to say. So we have some theories. 

First, she's setting up a splinter party. This may or may not be good, but odds are, it means the Q-creeps will likely not win a national election unless they totally toss voting out the window...which they're pretty much working on right now. 

Second, she's setting up to be the 2024 "common sense candidate." After all the Q-creeps? She looks like the beacon of reason even though she's as conservative as they get. 

Third, she's Darth's daughter. There's no way there's no "long game" here. I'm not sure what it is, but there is one. 

And then on the Twitter, #TheFormerGuy has been quoted as saying that the "entire" Maricopa County database has been deleted. So that stupid 'fraudit' that's being conducted needs to be stopped. Dude needs to be arrested for multiple crimes, including inciting a riot. 

Now would be good. Sooner rather than later. 

The Maternity Ward...


In our bell tower and walkway area at church, there's a maternity ward going on. Two robin's nests and a morning dove, though it seems the dove babies have fledged already. 

The other day, my boss said, "Hey, one of the babies has been flapping his wings; they may be ready to fly." I didn't pay too much attention - I mean, yes, I was happy the birds were growing nicely. There were 2 more little ones in the other nest. 

The next day, we were walking into the church and she said, "Look, I can see them!" and something made me step back quickly as the biggest one flapped his wings, took off and let loose a barrage of bird crap, narrowly missing me - like seriously an inch or two from my shoes. Had I not moved quickly (I call them cat-like reflexes), I'd have been splooted with baby bird crap! BossLady thought this was hysterical. I was not amused. 

We did what we had to do, and then left. She wanted to check to see if The Pooper was back in the nest, and I noticed Mama with a MOUTHFUL of worms, glaring at us. 

She's been good (Mama, I mean); she hasn't dive-bombed us or appeared angry or anything. She's let us walk past the nest without freaking out. But she wanted to just feed the critters! 

I pointed out the very big lunch she had planned and we managed to leave her in relative peace; but I did get this picture. And BossLady is still worried about The Pooper, who didn't appear to be back in the nest. 

The Garden Progresses...

So we survived a snap freeze, and only lost a little bit of basil. One tomato plant looks slightly sketchy, but maybe it'll pull through. We've decided to yank the excess milkweed. I'm hoping that by keeping it to a reasonable amount, we don't get reinfested with those nasty red beetles. 


And I have sweet potatoes in the bag!! The little nub that I cut off the garnet sweet potato has finally poked through the ground. Hubby made the one spud that I had left into "fries" (oven fries, of course) and honestly - I ate the whole thing. They were delicious! (that little pink nubbin is the sweet potato plant - I'm soooooooooo excited!!!)

I'm going to be splitting the lilies of the valley this year; they're absolutely taking over, and I think I lost my white bleeding heart. Maybe I'll find it once I thin the lilies out. I also seem to have lost some hostas. 

For such an innocent-looking flower, those lilies are greedy buggers; they want ALL the flower bed. 

Random Picture...

A classic picot edging on a shawl. I don't know if I'm going to ever do that again.


It takes up a LOT of yarn! But I love the shawl; it's the Close to You shawl, and I do wear it often. 

I see this edge on sock cuffs; I figure it's a waste there. Why have it where you can't see it? 

For what it's worth, I also don't like lace on a sock instep. It's just me - I don't feel like it's comfortable on my feet. 

But I love it on a shawl, a scarf, a sweater, a sock leg...and on a baby blanket in moderation. 

What's your take on lace? 


Looking for yoga classes, but there's no studio near you? Join us online! We have Zoom classes available at all levels, and a subscription service that lets you take classes at your pace, in your place, whenever you want. 

And now that Illinois is in the Bridge phase, we're welcoming more students into the studio, and scheduling workshops! 

www.just-breatheyoga.com

(815) 546-2770 or info@just-breatheyoga.com



No comments: