Tuesday, August 25, 2020

It's Been a Day...

Randomly, because it's been that kind of day...

1.  I frogged The Kelly Green Hat. It was too small; it took a little digging since The Mama didn't exactly tell me the size of the Kid's head...so I had to guess based on "the average head size of a ... child." 

2.  As I started to cast on, it all went mostly swimmingly. Till I tried to join into the circle. I forgot how. Seriously, major brain goof... Had to Google it. 

3.  I've been knitting in the round on a 5-needle set of DPNs for 15 years... How in the world could I forget??

4.  I also despise the "improved Facebook interface." Why do software companies fix what ain't broke? I'm talking to YOU, Blogger!!! 

5. There's persistence... This is a weed - probably ragweed, with my luck - that's growing up THROUGH a piece of Travertine marble that's a stepping stone in our garden. Not to worry; it wasn't the "good" Travertine; it was advertised as paving stone...

Our garden is mostly done. And the upcoming 5-day heat wave is likely to kill the rest of it off. Which is fine. 

I'm ripping out the milkweed before it re-seeds. All we have are the red beetles. I had one -- ONE -- caterpillar, and rumor has it that while the beetles don't harm the caterpillars, their poop does. I've grown milkweed for 4 years now; I need to see some results in the form of Monarchs. And I saw the butterflies around. They did light on the milkweed, and I suspect that at least one of them laid eggs. But not a single one survived. 

We did, however, have more than a plethora of red beetles. And these nasty hornet-looking things, too. Which I'd never seen before. So it's time to rip it out and start over. I have to do some research to figure out how to get rid of the beetles in a way that's still safe for the caterpillars. 

The Knitting...

Well, I have Friday off, so I'm going to whack through The Kelly Green Hat. Then I'm going to make a definitive list of my COVID knitting - just for myself because I'm becoming demoralized about all the folks I see who're on their "87th pair of socks" or "14th Quarentine Shawl." 

I'm not setting myself up for competition. It's just that I've knitted a lot of small things and I need to just catalog them for myself. 

So far: 1 shawlette; 1 shawl; 4 baby hats (#5 on the way, so to speak); 1 "ear guard" which I have to re-do, larger; 5 washcloths (maybe 6?)...and I started the Long Sands Tee. That's what I want to get back to, so that's why I want to whack out The Kelly Green Hat. I have time to get two of the hats off to a Special Someone. And then I might make another one just to have in stash. 

Random Picture(s)...

Tippi says: WEAR the fluffin' mask. WASH your fluffin' paws. STAY the fluff home!!! 

Our county is under restrictions starting tomorrow because we live with morons who can't wear a mask "because it infringes on my freedom. 

Let me tell you something: I've been intubated before. TRUST me when I say that a mask? A piffle. Intubation? It hurts. 




So now, everyone's whining and moaning about how "it's the bars and restaurants that are being penalized." Well.... duh!!! It's because y'all can't wait to go out and party. Seriously - there's a bar 3 blocks from me and they set up tents in the parking lot. There is NO WAY that those tables are 6 feet apart. And even if they were? I've driven by plenty of times after teaching a later yoga class -- and I've seen the patrons all "mingling." 


Social distancing isn't that hard. Stay at least two-and-a-half elkhounds away... 

PS: No elkhounds were harmed in the masking of Tippi. The mask was on for about 5-7 seconds while I took the picture. She's such a good sport!

Need Yoga but have no studio nearby?
Join us via subscription at Just Breathe Yoga Studio!
Senior Yoga $85/month (special rate till Sept. 15, then $95/month)
Premier All-Access Subscription $125/month 

Senior Yoga subscription: 24/7 access to all Forever Young, 
Chair Yoga, 
Senior Yoga, Restorative classes, Specialty Classes
Premier All-Access subscription: Access to over 150 hours of 
yoga classes. 
All. The. Yoga. 

We're adding new content weekly- one hour practices, quicker practices for a lunch break, meditations... 
Subscriptions are monthly. The special rate for the Senior subscription holds if you keep your subscription current month-to-month. 

Do yoga with our certified instructors on your own schedule, as often as you want, whenever you want. 

Call/Text: (815) 546-2770





No comments: