Wednesday, January 28, 2015

News! News! News!

As I sit here absolutely IGNORING the first tenet of mindful eating (which is to not eat in front of any kind of screen), I have to say I'm all a-twitter --- or maybe all flusterpated, to borrow a Winnie the Pooh phrase. 

I GOT THE INTERNSHIP!!! 

Yay - in the next 4 months, I'll be an elephant journal intern!! As soon as I know what I'm doing, I'll let you all know. 

Follow me!! Please!!! (Ok, that's the extent of my Sally Field immitation. If you don't get it, Google it). 

Ode to a Winter Tomato...


Winter tomatoes,
They sure make you think.

Not really red;
Not really pink. 

There's no 
"summer tomato stink"
On these pathetic winter
souls.

They're hard. 
Tasteless.
Old. 

They're pricey.
Quality dicey. 



What to do?
What to do?

I really want to like you.
Really I do.

I buy you, but only because
I need some summertime, too. 

See? This is why I'm not a poet. 
Thinking of all the tomatoes

And the summers when 
they grow'd.

I salt you with premium salt.
I pepper you with fine, fresh
grind. 

And all I need to do now
Is bring August back to mind. 

On The List Today...

Is to register for some freelance writing gigs. Work with my online copy writing course. STAY OFF FACEBOOK, and hem some yoga pants. 

I've done a lot of the things on the list I created on Monday. I tend to do a running list and work on it over the course of several days. 

It's a disciplinary tool. Sometimes, it actually works!

My Year in Socks...

I'm up to about 3" or so on the leg. Still plugging away. If I could sit for a concentrated time, I'd at least get to the heel. That's my new goal. As soon as I'm finished here, I'll get back to that. 


Random Picture...

A bit of a throw-back. I call this one "Plucky." This little petunia sprung up out of nowhere on my patio this fall. We have no idea how she got there, but we really enjoyed watching her. She withstood a lot of crummy weather and some pretty impressive piles of leaves. 

And through it all, her little purple head smiled in the sun. 

I wonder if she'll be back next year. It'll be interesting. We did plant quite a few purple petunias this past summer. Cleaning out the garden for the coming year will be a chore, but I'm already dreaming of what I want there. 

Ok. Blog over. Time to go finish that sock... I know it won't be done by Saturday, but I can give it a good try. 

No comments: