Saturday, November 10, 2012

It's Been A While....

Good grief!!! I'm a "bad blogger" because it's been forever. Let's see if I can catch up.

1.  I've finished Kelly's headband. I just need to block it and then take a pic. I'm hoping (a) she likes it; and (b) I can find that little bottle of "Soak" that I got to go with it!

2.  Went through a period of  "cardiac unrest" recently with a new batch of PVCs cropping up. "Premature Ventricular Contractions." Sucks. Had a Holter monitor and then a ZIO patch monitor (which felt like a 3rd silicone bosom...and my own are original equipment, just so you know). We shall see what goes on.

3.  Hurricane Sandy. Enough said. Lots of prayers going to those still dealing with the mess.

4.  The election. Whoooooooooooooooooooooooo.... Glad it's over. Glad Obama won. Now it's time to clean House (and Senate)... I'm hoping Obama goes all "got nothing to lose" because this country's been held hostage to the Baggies long enough - we need some rational sense in DC and we need them to do what WE elected them to do. Midterms, 2014. Something for them to think about, no?

5.  Babies: Working away on the orange sweater for Twin A. Got the Encore Worsted for the crib-sized blankets (one orange, one yellow). Got the self-striping yarn for two separate sweater/hat combos. That's it. I've spent a TON of money on this (which I do not begrudge, but yikes --- The yarn I wanted for the blankets? TWO HUNDRED BUCKS for two blankets.)

6.  Kid #1 has a job interview; he's been trying to find something closer to home. Cross your fingers, please!!

7.  Yoga: Well, I taught my first class, subbing for MY teacher (talk about weird...). It was nice, even though we only had 2 students. And lucky for me, they were "regulars" so they were very patient for me and with me.

8.  Meditation: Have been leading those sessions for a while now. I'm enjoying it. I like the idea of meditation, but paradoxically, I can't meditate when I'm leading the group. I feel like I have to watch and make sure everything's ok.

9.  Yoga Teacher Training: Wow, coming up QUICKLY in February. I've read 1.5 of the books. Stuck on the Yoga Sutras - and no, it's not "sutra = sex" -- it's a translation of yoga philosophy. Somewhat sticky going, but luckily, broken up into manageable bites.

10. Socks: I've started a pair of Monkey socks with some delicious Opal yarn in their Vincent Van Gogh colorway - somebody's chair.... Very autumnal, but with all that baby knitting to be done, these are going in the "when you have a moment and are sick of a straight basketweave blanket" stack.

11.  Friend question: So what do you do when your oldest friend doesn't respond to a text? Well, several texts? I'm trying to be kind. Her birthday is Sunday, and I'm thinking she's on vacation (they go all the time). I am just feeling a little out of sorts because she calls me when it's convenient for her, and it's usually her issues we discuss, unless I can get a word or question in edge-wise. It's sad. I've known her since 2nd grade. I know some folks will say "dump time" but I wonder. She doesn't have a ton of friends (go figure) and there's a certain loyalty there, at least on my part. Input welcome...

12.  Diet:  Well, "new eating habits."  I'm down TWENTY-SIX POUNDS. I'm aiming for 30, so you know this is the stage where you hit "hard lard" which doesn't want to go away. After all, it's found a home in my belly for over 20 years, and it kinda likes it there!! I'm hoping that now that I feel better, I can get my exercise back into gear.

Will try to be a "better blogger" by keeping a commitment of at least one post a week. I'm sure I can figure out something to say once a week, don't you think?

No comments: