Friday, April 15, 2011

Text of the Day...

No, I don't text. But a friend of mine passed this along to me in the form of an e-mail, and I Iam passing it along to you in its original form (for the grammar geeks, no I did not correct anything...) I think it's worth sharing and reflecting upon...

Remember when teachers, public employees, Planned Parenthood, NPR, and PBS crashed the stock market, wiped out half of our 401K's, took trillions in tarp money, spilled oil in the Gulf of Mexico, gave themselves billions in bonuses, and paid no taxes? Yea me neither.

Think about that the next time someone crabs about those "wealthy" teachers, and how "useless" public employees are, and how Planned Parenthood is "wrecking the American family."

By providing education to our children, making our government work (for the most part!) and providing care to women who would otherwise go without basic medical screenings. I only have my MBA, but if Planned Parenthood's "abortion business" is only 3% of their total business, that leaves.....let's see: NINETY-SEVEN percent (97%) of their business in testing for STDs, basic screenings and providing birth control. Hmmmmmmmmmm. Interesting what happens when you actually use facts.

Kid #2 ends his student teaching today. So he says, "I go from unpaid teaching to UNDER-paid teaching." If he can find a job. Because somehow, the great unwashed -- who have become a very loud bunch of screechers -- have decided that "we don't need TEACHERS."

And also, did you know that the majority of hospitals would rather deal with Medicare than a private insurance company? Medicare may pay the doctors and hospitals less, but Medicare is NOT FOR PROFIT, so they don't have to satisfy stockholders. The government functionaries making that program work are efficient, they have a process and it goes quite well; according to family members who've dealt with the system, and nurses and doctors I've spoken to. And yes, it IS an "entitlement," but since most of us have been paying for it our entire working lives,  then yes, we are "entitled" to it when we need it: when we're retired and living on a fixed income.

Points to ponder during your day.

No comments: